Dr. Tawfik Abdel Wahab
1. Doctor Of Philosophy Degree In Environmental Science, Department of
Economics, Ain Shams University, 2008 ,The thesis topic is “ The
Economical Impact of the Privatization on the Egyptian Environment: A
Case study on the Egyptian Bank Sector” .
2. Master Degree in Economics, Faculty of Commerce, Ain Shams
University,1999. The thesis topic is “ The role of Banks in Supporting &
3. BSc in Accounting, Faculty of Commerce, Ain Shams University, 1992.
1. Jan.2017-Sep.2018: General Manager of Microfinance (MF)
Sector, Banque Du Caire .
– Main Responsibilities:
o Supervising the Microfinance sector through
– Developing strategic plans for the product.
– Developing the implementation plans for branches and employees for the MF product.
– Developing and enhancing the product’ policies and procedures.
– Monitoring the implementation of plans.
– Conduct performance evaluation for branches and employees working in the MF product.
– Leading and directing for branches and employees.
– Coordinate between the MF sector and other sectors within the bank.
– Plan and deliver training programs for employees regarding product’ policies and procedures.
– Main Achievements (Jan.2017-Sep.2018):
o An increase in the Active Loans Portfolio from 1.2 Billion EGP to 3.84 Billion EGP in 30-9-2018 with 2.6 Billion EGP increase and with 220% growth rate within 19 months.
o An increase in active customers from 133 thousand to 196 thousand with 63 thousand customer increase and 47% growth rate.
o Loans issued increased to 6.4 Billion EGP against 11 Billion during the last 15 years which represent 58% of what has been achieved in the last 15 years.
o Improving the quality of the portfolio with a decrease in the non-performing loans (NPLs) ratios to be 2.4% compared to 3.1% in December 2016.
o Achieving 1.181 Billion EGP revenues compared to 1.750 Billion EGP in the last 15 years which represent 67%.
o Managing the negotiations with the Medium, Small and Micro Enterprise Institution (MSME) leading to signing agreements with total value 1860 Million EGP and currently another 500 Million EGP agreement is about to be signed.
o Developing the product’ policies and procedures.
o Issuing a new product for MF with a value between 100 to 300 thousand EGP starting from March 2018 which lead to 660 Million EGP increase in the loans portfolio for 4000 customer with 100% quality for the portfolio.
o Issuing a new product directed to owners of means of transportation starting from May 2017 with values up to 75 thousand EGP, which lead to the formation of 180 Million EGP portfolio for 1000 customer with 99.6% quality rate.
o The product of MF is operating through 120 branch, with a working team constitutes of 640 Finance Officer , 120 Senior officers, 17 geographic managers and 9 employees working in the head office.
o Banque Du Caire is leading the Microfinance market with a 25% market share.
2. 2012 – Dec.2016: Deputy General Manager of Microfinance (MF) Sector, Banque Du Caire.
– Main Achievements:
o Effective participation in developing MF strategy during 2012-2016 and supervising the implementation of the the strategy leading to 100% execution rate during the three years.
o An increase in the loans portfolio from 492 Million EGP to 1200 Million EGP with a140% growth rate.
o Increasing the number of customers in the portfolio to 133 Thousand.
o Achieving 1050 Million EGP during this period.
o Increasing the quality of the portfolio by decreasing the risk rate from 5.66% to 3.1 %.
o Managing the negotiations with Social Fund for Development (SFD).
o Effective participation in developing the policies and procedures in the MF Department -in line with Bank’s objectives and market needs- and monitoring its implementation , which lead to:
– 25% market share that put Banque Du Caire in top of MF market.
– Achieving the highest return and the highest profitability among all products.
– Continues cooperation with all other departments to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
3. Aug. 2002 -2012 : Head of Financial Department, Micro Lending Project, Banque Du Caire. Responsibilities Includes:
– Micro Lending Project Financial Statements Preparation and Supervision.
– Analyzing & evaluating the financial performance of the Project.
– Preparing the monthly Performance indicators of the project.
– Employees mentoring and supervising to maintain the desired Performance indicators.
– Delivering training programs to the employees in the project branches frequently.
Information about the project ;
– The project occupy the 1 st position in the market with 30% market share of the total financial offers and 22% of the active clients all over the country.
– The project contains 115 branches with portfolio equals 490 Million L.E and more than 112 thousand clients.
– The portfolio risk is estimated at 2%.
– The project has 750 financial supervisor, 115 financial representative and 13 geographical representative.
2. May 2000 to Aug.2002 : Financial and Economical Analyst , Chairman Office , Banque Du Caire. Responsibilities Includes :-
o Evaluation and follow up to the Bank Clients Over 100 million L.E
o Preparing monthly reports about Bank’ Clients Over 100 million L.E.
o Monthly Analysis of the Bank financial Performance.
o Preparing frequently reports on the evolving changes and challenges in the local and international Environment.
o Preparing frequently reports on the economic and banking situations in the local and international Environment.
3. Oct.1994 to April 2000: Economic Researcher, Economic Sector,
R&D Department, Banque Du Caire. Responsibilities Includes:
– Preparing Economical Researches for the Quarterly Bank Report.
– Preparing Market Researches about economic Sectors.
– Preparing Market Researches about strategic products.
– Preparing the Banking sector performance reports.
– Preparing frequently reports on the evolving changes and challenges in the local and international Environment.
– Preparing frequently reports on the economic and banking situations in the local and international Environment.
– Evaluating feasibility studies.
4. Oct. 1993 to Sep. 1994:
– Accountant in the Egyptian Company for Exchange and Financial Business.
– Accountant in the United Accountants Office .
Personal accomplishments in work:
– Participating in the evaluation and bank restructuring process.
– Participating in the establishing of the Micro Finance Department .
– Participating in the development of the Branches Department .
– Participating in the execution of the Management by Performance Initiative in the Bank.
– Certified trainer in the Bank' Training Department.
Attended Training Programs in the following areas :
– Training Of Trainer (for 2 weeks).
– Credit Risk Analysis (for 4 weeks).
– Financial Securities Investment (for 4 weeks).
– Financial Analysis (for one week).
– Banking and financial markets (for 2 weeks).
– S & M business finance (for 3 weeks).
– Windows (for 2 weeks).
– Ms Office :Excel, Access, Word, Power Point (for 3weeks).
– Active and self motivated person with leadership potentials and team work skills.
– Have problem solving, analysis and decision making abilities.
– Negotiation skills .
– Good command of English (writing and speaking).
– Holding TOEFL Certificate ( 500).